Person To Person Care Services is a unique community-based provider of in home care. Our services specialize in non-medical care giving that allows our clients to remain safe and independent in their own home or apartment. We carefully assess our client's needs, then selectively place a qualified care-giver that will meet those needs.
We are committed to providing quality, ethical and professional care. The caregivers that provide our services are carefully screened, trained, bonded, insured, and supervised. They are caring, courteous in nature, committed to care, and eager to help. This is the mission and purpose of Person to Person Care.
Our services are flexible and can be arranged for as little as a few hours a week or as many as 24 hours a day, seven days a week, including holidays. Our caregivers can help with a wide range of activities including companionship, meal planning, preparation, and clean-up, housekeeping, laundry, medication reminders, errands, shopping, as well as escort to and from appointments and events. Person To Person Care Services caregivers can also assist with mobilization and personal care needs if required. For a full list of activities our caregivers perform, please visit Our Services.
We would welcome the opportunity to schedule a free, no-obligation in-home visit with you and/or your loved one to provide you with additional information about how you or a loved one can benefit from our person to person care. Although you may not require our services in the immediate future, you will at least be aware of the many different ways we can assist you or your loved one if the need arises.
Who We Are
Person To Person Care Services is licensed as a non-medical caregiver provider by the state of Texas, under the Department of Aging and Disability Services (DADS). Based in Houston, we provide services to clients and client families throughout the metropolitan Houston Area.
We offer a wide range of services from companionship to personal assistance services care including:
- Bathing-Drawing water. Laying out supplies. Assisting in/out of tub or shower. Sponge bathing and drying. Tub bathing and drying. Standby assistance for safety.
- Dressing-Or dressing assistance. Laying out clothes.
- Meal Preparation-Cooking partial or full meal. Warming up prepared food. Planning meals. Helping to prepare meals. Cutting client's food for eating.
- Feeding or Eating Assistance-Assistance with eating and drinking. Utensils. Standby assistance or encouragement.
- Exercising or Walking-Walking with Client. Assisting with assigned exercise routine.
- Grooming Care-Combing or brushing hair as needed. Layout of supplies.
- Routine Hair-Helping to wash hair. Assistance with setting hair. Does not include cutting or chemical processing of hair, unless caregiver is skilled in that area.
- Medications Reminder-Reminding client to take medications.
- Toileting-Assistance with use of toilet. Assistance with feminine needs. Assisting with clothing while toileting. Standby assistance.
- Transfer-Adjusting or changing client's position in bed or chair. Assistance with rising from siting position. Assistance in transferring client from bed to chair or other locations.
- Ambulation-Assist in positioning for use of walking apparatus. Assistance with wheelchair.
- Cleaning – Cleaning up after client's personal care tasks, e.g. bathing, meal prep, toileting, emptying and cleaning bedside commodes, cleaning bathroom, tub or shower, sink, floor, or any other appropriate areas. Changing bed linens. Making bed. Taking out trash. Washing dishes. Dusting. Any other appropriate tasks stated in the individual care plan.
Please refer to Our Services for a comprehensive list of services offered. Our caregivers, are experienced , thoroughly screened and carefully matched with our clients, with many important factors considered, including the ability to accommodate the diversity of our clientele.
In addition, caregivers are insured, and undergo background checks through the Department of Public Safety and the Department on Aging and Disability Services (DADS). In this way, we can assure our clients of the trustworthiness of our caregivers.
Person To Person Care Services is an in-home/in facility, non-medical service provider that assists individuals and families. We are dedicated to helping our clients lead dignified, independent lifestyles in the comfort and safety of their own home or apartment. Person to Person Care Services will carefully assess and fully understand our client's needs, then selectively place a qualified caregiver who will meet those needs.
Our Individual Service Plans will be customized to include the requested and/or necessary combination of our services in order to meet your unique needs.
- Routine housework including general cleaning, vacuuming, dusting, washing floors, laundry, ironing, changing beds, defrosting refrigerators/freezers, cleaning ovens/stoves and china cabinets.
- Heavier cleaning such as spring-cleaning, light fixtures, and washing walls and windows.
- Planning, cooking, and serving meals. Baking for holidays and special occasions.
- Monitoring and motivating regular diet plans.
- Transporting clients to social activities and appointments.
- Running errands and shopping for clients or transporting clients to carry out these activities.
- Assisting with mail, correspondence, and payment of bills.
- Serving as companions and participating in friendly socialization activities.
- Assisting with entertainment preparations, hosting, serving and/or cleanup.
- Packing household goods when changing residences.
- Caring for pets including feeding, exercising, cleaning litter boxes, cleaning birdcages, taking to grooming appointments or to the Vet.
- Caring for plants.
- Monitoring clients' safety, comfort and welfare by contacting them by phone and/or by making home visit(s).
- Checking interior conditions of homes while residents are away in order to ensure that the exteriors reflect an "at-home" appearance.
- Assisting with grooming needs such as hair care, shaving, cleaning teeth and routine nail care. Supervising or assisting with tub baths, showers, sponge baths, and bed baths.
- Providing routine skin care such as applying lotion to dry skin.
- Assisting with dressing and undressing.
- Assisting with mobilization activities including turning, transferring, exercising, and walking.
- Assisting with toilet and/or commode needs.
- Assisting with eating or feeding.
- Assisting with self-administered medications by reminding client to take them at the prescribed time(s) and/or following up to ensure they are taken.